Thanks so much to Cindy at Custom Comforts for passing along The Stylish Blogger Award to me! It's always fun getting to know your blog world friends better.
Basically, I need to share seven things about myself that you might not already know. So here goes...
1. In spite of the fact that I write a blog, on a computer, with a keyboard, I really can't type. I have my own little speedy way of typing with one hand. Crazy, I know. One day, I'll learn how to do it correctly. On the other hand, I do have really good penmenship. Twelve years of Catholic school will do that for you.
2. I love going to the movies, both chick-flicks with the girls and date nights with my husband. We try to see all the movies nominated for best picture every year. And yes, it's true, we are hooked on Twilight. I've long since lost count of how many times we've seen it. And just for the record, we are without a doubt on Team Edward.
3. I watch much less TV since I started blogging. I could give up my TV before I could give up my computer. A girl's got to google! But I have been watching The Young & The Restless since it began in 1973. Did I really just admit that? I've been watching the same soap opera for 38 years. It was actualy my grandmother who got me hooked. I would stop at her house after school and we would have a snack and watch her "stories" together.
4. I love a good book. I'm in a book club with a wonderful group of girls in my neighborhood. We've been together for nine years now and we're currently reading our 103'rd book. When we reached 100 books, we celebrated with a weekend get-away. It was such fun!
5. I really enjoy gardening. There's just something about getting out there and really getting your hands dirty. I'm always out there dividing, moving, planting, watering and pruning . I think gardens are interesting even when they are covered with snow and ice.
6. I started college as an animal science major, but seeing my first surgery (on a cow!) changed all that. I graduated with a degree in child development and became a preschool teacher. But my best job ever was that of stay-at-home mom!
7. We are a true blue Penn State family. I met my husband the first week of our senior year - absolute best thing that ever happened to me! Penn State will forever remain near and dear to our hearts. It is one of my favorite places on earth. Our children are Penn State grads too. We bleed blue and white. We Are...Penn State!
There you have it. I hope you learned a little something new about me.
Now time to get to know some other blog friends. I'm passing the Stylish Blogger Award along to...
Kim at Second Time Furniture
Jena at Involving Color
Deb at Cappuccino Cottage
Chrissie at Chrissie's Collections
Sue at Uniquely Chic
Vanessa at Southern In My Heart
Tammy at Beatrice Banks
Allison at Fab Rehab Creations
Chris at Red Gate Farm
Michael at Inspired By Charm
Thanks again to Cindy at Custom Comforts!