It was really in very good shape, inside and out. And I knew a fresh color would make a traditional piece like this look new again.
The prep time always takes longer than you think.
I chose Martha Stewart's Bedford Gray for the exterior and Glass of Milk for the interior. I liked the subtle color contrast. And it's neutral enough to let pretty dishes really shine.
I really should have more pictures of the painting process because I spent a lot of time on this project. I followed up the paint with a light distressing and a black glaze. Then I finished it up with a coat of wax.
This was my first project with glass doors, a bit tedious. I was going for subtle, so I painted the bottom handles to match the cabinet, but I added a pretty new black knob to the top.
I needed some extra muscle to help move this piece , so I ended up taking the "after" pictures as it was starting to get dark. I think you get the idea.