So I'm in the process of catching up on my thank you's and sharing a little bit about the other girls here at Elizabeth & Co. ... This thank you goes out to Florida girl Wendy at Salt & Wine for passing the Versatile Blogger award along to us.
Isn't Salt and Wine a cool name for a blog?
"Salt... that life may always have flavor. And wine... that joy and prosperity may reign forever" ~ Mary Hatch
"Salt And Wine is a cooking, thrifting, style, design, music, photography, healthy living, laid back life in Florida kind of blog."
One of my favorite features at Salt and Wine is Wendy's "Be Good To Yourself Tip Of The Week", like this one...
Stop by and say hello to Wendy at Salt and Wine.
You will be inspired by her positive energy!
Today you get to meet Susan. This is my favorite photo of Susan and it comes with the best story. Some of you have probably heard it before. This was the very first item sold at our very first tag sale - a very old chippy bench that my husband declared totally unsafe. He was afraid someone was going to sit on it and go crashing to the ground. The woman who purchased it was an early bird shopper. We kept telling her that we weren't quite ready yet. She waited patiently as long as she could. Finally she just reached her arm through the door with a fist full of cash and begged to have the bench. How could we refuse? Susan helped her load it up and my husband just stood there shaking his head. He says he still doesn't get it. We laugh! And thank goodness no one got hurt!
Okay, now here are a few things about Susan that you might not know, in her own words ...
ok here goes...
1. I am married to a loving and patient man who does not complain that his garage, basement and shed are filled to the brim with all of the things that I find on my adventures or that I am working on.
2. Mother to three beautiful children who make me very proud.
3. Preschool assistant teacher and collector of everything rusty, crusty and in need of a little love.
4. Although I like to paint and repurpose the things that I find on my outings I truly enjoy the hunt. I believe that there is a possibility that sometime in my lifetime I could be one of the people on the Hoarders show. When I found out that an episode of Hoarders was featuring a woman from my hometown I asked my family if it was an intervention for me!
5. My happy place is sitting on the beach under an umbrella with a cool drink, a good book and a cool ocean breeze...heaven!
6. One time in Las Vegas, while on the elevator in our hotel, Tom Jones entered and in his most sexy English voice said to me, "Your suitcase is unzipped!!
7. While pregnant with my first child (my daughter) I craved watermelon for nine straight months. I would even salivate while looking at it in the grocery store. Towards the end of my pregnancy I was retaining too much amniotic fluid (which can sometimes mean there is a problem with the baby. Fortunately, she was fine). My friend blamed it on the watermelon! To this day, watermelon is still one of my most favorite foods!
Thanks you Susan! I appreciate you playing along!